[thelist] New site - Critique for look/feel/user experience (http://www.hughblair.com/)

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 7 12:45:04 CDT 2002

Your welcome Hugh,

Hugh Blair wrote:

<snip>
I wondered how that'd go over. Would you think it acceptable if all linked
items were <strong>? Of course that'd restrict my use of <strong> in other
places. I'm seeing more and more pages with the links -not- underlined. I
was trying that technique, but it doesn't seem to look too good. Thanks.
</snip>

Actually, I think the use of strong is fine as long as those links at the
very least have an underline under them signifying it's a link.  A
discussion about underlined links quite a while ago on the list argued that
users don't recognize a link if it's not underlined simply because that what
the user is used to.

The underline to the user means they can go elsewhere in the site so I think
the use of strong somewhere else in you content would be fine also, no
underline means no link.

Bob

---