[thelist] New site - Critique for look/feel/user experience (http://www.hughblair.com/)

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Sun Apr 7 21:36:01 CDT 2002

I know full well how my site validates (and every area
that fails is done because of personal choice).  It
happens to be a personal site, where I can add widgets
if I want, because it isn't a commercial site.  At one
point, before they changed their engine/checks, my site
passed the first 2 Bobby checks.  I don't happen to be a
WaSP zealot and prefer an accessible site over one that
passes HTML flavor of the month.

Maybe you should double check your statement about my
javascript declaration, since the W3C says that
"language=xx" is depreciated, and only "type=xx" should
be used.  I stuck with the depreciated version for my
own reasons.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/scripts.html

But then again, you can access everything on my site
(save the js jump box at the bottom, something I plan to
correct later) with javascript disabled.

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

4/7/2002 7:34:52 PM, "Hugh Blair"
<hblair at hotfootmail.com> wrote:

>Why spend the time?
>Because somehow it's fun?
>Because I'll learn from it?
>Because some will appreciate the look/feel/features?
>
>And I sure hope you're not advocating no Java at all,
>since your homepage has "<script
language="javascript">"
>in the head. Oh, by the way, it really should be:
><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
>
>You might check:
><http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%
3A//bittersweet2.com/>

>All that said, and all the input received, I don't
really
>plan on taking javascript out of the site. I just plan
on