[thelist] site crit: www.dittodesign.co.uk

dn at dittodesign.co.uk dn at dittodesign.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 13:08:01 CDT 2002

Thanks Tara for the crit.

I've just posted a reply to Kristina. I've decided
to remove the rollover red square to make things
even cleaner and a little less confusing.

> It took me several minutes (I just woke up though...) to find the little
> close music window. I was expecting it to be on the page, not in a little
> pop-up. And that music (although I like it to listen to) is very
difficult
> to read and listen to at the same time, so I had to turn it off to read
your
> site. Oh, and when I clicked back to the front page it turned on again
and I
> had to turn it off again. Is there any way you could code it so it would
> stay off?

I would prefer to have the music play from the main
site myself, in the background through page changes.
But I don't think there's anyway to do it without using frames
which I want to avoid. I can set the pop up to appear the once.
I may rethink the music or edit it further to make it less
of a distraction when reading.

As for the copy reading, wow.
I can cross copyrighting of my list of services. LOL
I'll amend the text as appropriate cheers.

Thanks again for taking the time.
If I can return the favour any time please mail me.

Darren

> Overall, I really liked the layout and look of the site. Nice and clean.
> There were a couple of points I had:
>
> I agree with Kristina about the menu staying red when you are on that
page.
> I didn't realize I was on the "who" page until I clicked onto another
page
> and then clicked back again. When you're naming your menu items in a
> non-standard way, give your users as many other clues as you can so that
> they can figure it out.
>
> It took me several minutes (I just woke up though...) to find the little
> close music window. I was expecting it to be on the page, not in a little
> pop-up. And that music (although I like it to listen to) is very
difficult
> to read and listen to at the same time, so I had to turn it off to read
your
> site. Oh, and when I clicked back to the front page it turned on again
and I
> had to turn it off again. Is there any way you could code it so it would
> stay off?
>
> Okay copy... I'm not a copy editor, so I won't have caught everything
but...

> The first couple of sentences on the news page are awkward. There are
> several sentence fragments - you might be doing that knowingly, but it
makes
> it harder to read. I'd suggest you change the paragraph to something like
> this:
>
> "Our biggest news at the moment is this new site. As it stands, we've
laid
> the foundations on which to develop it further. We will be adding
features,
> redesigning sections and utilising anything that piques our interest.
Among