[thelist] adding a field using phpmyadmin on members.evolt.org?

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 19:56:01 CDT 2002

I'm quite new to this, and haven't written the php code to deal
with the database yet, but here's what's wrong:

I added a table (using phpmyadmin) with 5 fields, one primary
and autoincrementing.

I'm trying to add a field using the insert option, just after
the "host" field called "user_agent". I'm setting it as TEXT, no
other options set.

I get this message:
table ptmratings has been altered.
SQL-query:
ALTER TABLE ptmratings ADD user_agent TEXT not null AFTER host

And YET, no matter how many times I try this, the table
continues to display previous 5 fields.

What am I doing wrong?

PS if I try to change the comment field, I get this:

Error
MySQL said: alter command denied to user: 'atdt1991 at localhost'
for table 'ptmratings'

... are we only allowed to create and delete tables, not modify them?