[thelist] <thead> vs. <th>?

Means, Eric D eric.d.means at boeing.com
Tue Apr 9 13:45:00 CDT 2002

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=scrolling+table+cells&btnG=Google+Searc
> and I cannot find a method using HTML alone that would allow table cells
> to scroll under <thead>. I have some extensive report tables that would
> benefit greatly from this and the <thead> 's are already in place. Can
> someone point me specifically to something that shows me how to perform
the
> scrolling maneuver?

The recommendation says that it's intended to allow *user agents* to
automatically do so; I take that to mean the authors of Mozilla could code
Mozilla to do so while still following the standard (and in fact, it seems
like a useful idea; perhaps someone should submit a bugzilla request to do
just that), not that the page author can do (or not do) so.

Though with some clever CSS and/or DHTML you could probably pull it off.