[thelist] Can I do this in ASP? Thanks

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Tue Apr 9 15:26:17 CDT 2002

Thanks everyone, I managed to get a copy working with Matt's AND others
suggestions.

I also managed to get a response.redirect, stuff written to the browser, and
stuff inserted in to the DB all in one shot (file).

--------
<tip>
Matt, one thing about your article, actually it was quite good and
informative. I'll pimp your article. Everyone please check out
http://www.evolt.org/article/Writing_Smart_Web_based_Forms/17/10199/index.ht
ml for writing good ASP form checking. It was very helpful.

However, in my example I have listed

<snip>
<input type="text" name="UserID" size="64"
value="<%=request.form("UserID")%>"><br>
</snip>
with emphasis on the "<% = " equal sign. I had just the request.form listed
and when I "tried" to submit the page, the field wouldn't refill itself. So
I added the = sign and magic happened. Also, I added the double quotes
around the value for value=" stuff ". This allowed values in that field to
have spaces in the name.
</tip>

I'd give a copy of my final version, but that would take all the fun out of
it ;-). Stick to Matt's example and you should do fine.