[thelist] [Fwd: Flash vs. HTML]

noah noah at tookish.net
Tue Apr 9 17:30:01 CDT 2002

At 06:16 PM 09/04/2002, Michael Mell wrote:
>My favorite client wrote:
>
> > We're trying to decide
> > whether we should use Flash or HTML for the navigation. I think we're
> > leaning towards having both a Flash and an HTML version of the entire
> > site. This would mean having one version with a static home page as well
> > as HTML navigation.

If they want Flash, give them Flash. It is absolutely necessary to provide
an HTML alternative, but if I were you I wouldn't spend a lot of your time
(and their money) trying to create a DHTML site that duplicates the Flash
site. Just do something simple and functional that gets all the information
across in an accessible format. The most important thing is that everyone
gets the information, not that everyone sees the exact same site.

Cheers,
Noah