[thelist] Your 2 cents - Site Critique

David Dorward david at david.us-lot.org
Wed Apr 10 18:08:01 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:51:02AM -0700, Mark Joslyn wrote:
> Just launched a new site and would like to know what the world thinks - and
> if the world can see it. Please be brutally honest - I can take it!
>
> http://www.solimarsystems.com

You appear to have forgotten to put alt text for your images.

Why alt text is important: http://david.us-lot.org/tmp/solimar.png

You state at the top of your document that you are using a specific
version of HTML, (4.01 Transitional), but you deviate from that
version on numerous occasions. I suggest you fix your syntax errors.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.solimarsystems.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

Why validate? You have to to conform to w3c guidelines. Why conform?
http://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/benefits.html

--
David Dorward   http://david.us-lot.org/
         egrep /(bb|[^b]{2})/