[thelist] Win NN6 and css-p

Means, Eric D eric.d.means at boeing.com
Thu Apr 11 14:31:01 CDT 2002

It seems Mozilla (Netscape 6) doesn't like the combination of an absolute
position and a position keyword.  If you change the background-position to
"130px 130px" it works correctly, and if you change it to "right top" it
works correctly, but the combination fails.  This is, surprisingly enough,
correct behavior according to at least the first guide I checked:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/color-background/background-position.h
tml

"Combinations of lengths and percentages are allowed, as are negative
positions. For example, 10% -2cm is permitted. However, percentages and
lengths cannot be combined with keywords."

background-position: 100% 130px;
will work for what you want.