[thelist] ASP - Login Validation

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Apr 11 14:49:00 CDT 2002

On Apr 11, Ken Kogler had something to say about RE: [thelist] ASP - Login...

>> Hogwash! MTS closes the connections after they're no longer needed.
>
>Really? Explain... (or give me a URL) :-)

What do you need further explanation on? It would be absurd if database
connections were forever open if not explicitly closed, wouldn't
it? They're closed (or returned to a connection pool) either after a
timeout or when the script is finished execution (I'm not sure which,
honestly).

Also, just because the user is sent a redirection, doesn't mean the rest
of the script is not executed. In fact, the client can disconnect from the
server altogether and, unless you write code to check if the client is
still connected and if so stop execution, the script will complete
execution.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com