[thelist] ...html w/asp Redefined Thanks Scott that does help

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Thu Apr 11 16:50:01 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Schrantz [mailto:scotts at rci-nv.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 4:45 PM
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: RE: [thelist] Brain fart html w/asp Redefined

If you have two forms, and you want the results from both to pass to a third
page for processing, you can insert the results from the first form into
hidden fields in the second form. Everything will then be submitted with
that second form, and you'll have it all in a single form collection on the
third page:

<form action="page3.asp" method="post">
<!-- Second form (new choices made) -->
<input type="text" name="data1" />
<input type="text" name="data2" />
<input type="text" name="data3" />

<!-- data from first form (but needs previous information too.) -->
<input type="hidden" name="value1" value="<%= Request.QueryString("value1")
%>" />
<input type="hidden" name="value2" value="<%= Request.QueryString("value2")
%>" />
<input type="hidden" name="value3" value="<%= Request.QueryString("value3")
%>" />

<input type="submit" />
</form>

Page3.asp can then access all of it thusly:

strValue1 = Request.Form("value1")
strData1 = Request.Form("data1")

Is that what you're looking for?