[thelist] Linux Email Clients

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Apr 11 20:45:01 CDT 2002

Burhan Khalid wrote:
> Hello all :
>
> 	Recently I got my Linux box to play with the Network, and was going through setting it up/upgrading, etc. Among the many email clients that it came with, I liked Sylpheed (cool name to boot). The feature that I found most usefull, especially with Evolt messages, was that it gave options of collapsing the threads (very neat). I was wondering what other Linux clients are in popular use? Which ones do you recommend? Are there any Windows clients that have this same functionality?
>
> If such things matter, I am running Mandrake 8.1.

Mozilla (I believe 0.9.7+) has the ability to do threaded email.  I like
that feature alot.  And it does it on a per-folder basis so I can have a
threaded view for discussion lists and a date sort for my regular inbox.
  Nice flexibility.  The biggest downside I've seen to using Mozilla for
email thus far is the lack of a spellchecker.

Judah