[thelist] Linux Email Clients

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Thu Apr 11 22:06:01 CDT 2002

The email client that I have been using in Mandrake Linux is Evolution
1.0.2. It is basically an Outlook clone and has many of the same
features as outlook - Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and can sync with my
palm. It also allows for threaded view on a per folder basis. One cool
thing that is hard to find in Linux based email is that fact that it can
handle html email. (hey, I like receiving my daily Dilbert fix in the
morning.)

One other thing that Evolution can handle is secure smtp servers. It
also has a spell checker.

If you are running Mandrake 8.1 and have installed Gnome, then you may
have an older version of this mail client installed on your computer. If
you would like to update it then held on over to www.pclinuxonline.com
and follow the links and grab the rpms from there. Or just upgrade to
Mandrake 8.2 and get Evolution 1.0.2.

Anyway, just my opinion and experience.

--
/chris