[thelist] look and feel

matt g mrg at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 12 08:30:01 CDT 2002

> From: "isaac" <isaac at members.evolt.org>
>
> I've seen and liked your photos before.
Thanks.

> More padding in the top bar. Consider making "matthew garrett" an image
> using a clearer font in a larger size. Look for alignment -- either
> "matthew" with the "homeward" mouseover, or with the gallery name box down
> the bottom.
point taken. i was actually looking to have the space between first and last
be above the image dividing line...

> Definitely change +/- to >/< (or similar).
working on something for that.

> I'd keep the background colour of the page consistent. The near-lavender on
> lagniappe is a bit average. Sometimes I think the gallery image on the left,
> and the main one in focus clash. You could try keeping the gallery leftbar
> image darkened and desaturated.
i've been planning to use more unidentifiable portions of images there.
should get around to it soon.

> Your padding in each region is not always equal. I'd position the small
> photo icons the same distance from the photo and right edge as the
> "photography" text in the top-right is. Also, use the same distance to space
> each icon from the next.
i'm gonna leave the thumbnails bleeding off the right, since that's what the
other images do. they *should* all be evenly spaced. i've never seen them
otherwise. will keep an eye peeled for that behavior.

> The navigation text in the bottom right is inconsistent. It's the only place
> you've introduced the square brackets, whereas elsewhere you've used boxed
> text, or white on a photo, etc. I'd remove those square brackets. This would
> at least allow your "home" text to align with the top-right "photography"
> without the interruption of the square bracket.
hmmm... i'll have a look at that issue.

Thanks for the thoughts.

matt g