[thelist] CF 5 & not loading java.

Aaron Johnson ajlist at mindseye.com
Fri Apr 12 14:11:01 CDT 2002

> Ok, and maybe this is a dumb question,
 -- hey, this evolt!  there are no dumb questions! :)

but how do you disable those two
> services? I don't see anything for the in administrator.
 -- I was assuming (incorrectly) that you were on a windoze box and that
you could just the services applet to stop those services separately
from the CF Appliation server service.  Alas, you're on linux...

 Am I blind and
> totally missing somethin? I'm on linux btw. The procs that are taking up
> the memory are like this:
> /opt/coldfusion/jre/bin/i386/native_threads/java
> -Djrun.rootdir=/opt/coldfusion/JRun/bin/..
> -Djava.library.path=/opt/coldfusion/Generator/bin
>
> without the wrap of course. About 10-15 of them running, and they get
> started up along with CF.. thanks for the help!
 -- not sure if this'll help or not, but check out

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/cf50docs/Installing_and_Configuring_ColdFusion_Server/lininstall4.jsp#1098693

see down near the bottom of the page where it lists out ColdFusion
server processes?  I'm pretty sure that the problems you're seeing are
from the graphing engine.  I don't have access to my linux/cf box right
now, but you can disable the java process from within the CF start
script?

Other resources:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cf-linux%40houseoffusion.com/

and finally, email the "linux fiend" as he calls himself, Jesse Noller @
macromedia... I can't find his email right now, but you could try the
obvious:

jnoller at macromedia.com

HTH

AJ