[thelist] XML parsing the homemade way

Nicole P nicole at parrot.ca
Sun Apr 14 09:18:00 CDT 2002

My first question to you is why? Why does doing it by hand seem simpler?
Both ASP and PHP will offer you a very simple access to the XML data.

I mean, in PHP, all that is required is
xml_parse ($xml_parser, $data, feof($fp) );

well ok, a few more calls, but it's really simple.

I started playing with XML by using ASP, and that was simple too.

Nicole