[thelist] Which Netscape?

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Sun Apr 14 20:46:12 CDT 2002

aardvark wrote:

> > From: Meredith Tupper <meredith at pintsize.com>
> [...]
> > Time to upgrade Netscape; should I step up to the 6.0
> > version or stay within the confines of 4.7?  Also, I think
>
> depends on your needs... personally, i'd suggest you install both...
>
> have a later 4.x version handy for testing (some day a client may say
> something is broken in that browser, it'll be nice to have at least for that) and
> development...
>
> have a 6.x version to test the newer users and standards...

I am setting up a standalone Win98 machine for testing, and I'll definitely include
both, thanks for the tip.

> and grab a mozilla build to see where the browser is going... even though your
> average web surfer won't have it, it'll help you be ready for the consumer point
> releases of netscape...

Has anyone heard anything about what AOL will do to Netscape when/if they switch?
Will AOL finally ditch their wretched mail client for a modified Netscape one?

Meredith

--
PintSize Graphics & Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.pintsize.com