[thelist] HTML Email

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Mon Apr 15 06:09:00 CDT 2002

> Hi Paul
>
> Get a test sent to me - I'm on Lotus Notes and it most
> definitely *doesn't*
> support HTML

As for Eudora --my email client at home, it can be (and WILL BE) configured
in a very strict way not to show HTML images, for example. It's a security
matter on Windows nowadays, most people I know (and nothing so 'exotic' as
linux, I'm talking general Windows, non-geek public) have configured their
email readers to block HTML emails one way or another. True, I helped them
;-)

A french eCommerce site, alapage.com, sent me an HTML email and I could read
(figure of speech):
'You can have up to "" discount on our products.'
[I guess "" is where someone had the good idea to put an image to tell the
percentage of discount...]