[thelist] HTML Email

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Apr 15 06:33:01 CDT 2002

That depends on the client. The majority of well written clients will show
the text part of a multipart email. However some don't! I don't have an
example I'm afraid, but I know that I've had problems in the past with some
text-based email clients.

Another problem that can occur is that some corporate firewalls are set up
to block all multipart emails. A company I used to work with did a test of
this recently and their results are pretty alarming!

http://www.bluewave.com/about_us/wavelength/mn_wave_natasha_barnett.html

As always, you're mileage may vary! Know your users and do all that you can
to allow them to access the content.

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org