[thelist] vertical text css?

Scarlett Julian (ED) Julian.Scarlett at sheffield.gov.uk
Mon Apr 15 07:40:01 CDT 2002

HI all

I have a table in a word doc (oh joy!!) to put on a web site. The table is
13 cols x 194 rows. My main problem is that the column headings are quite
long and this means the table is very wide and the users will have to scroll
sideways - if at all possible I want to avoid this. In the word doc the text
is laid out vertically to save space and I was wondering if there was anyway
to this in html. I don't want to use images.

any ideas?
tia

Julian Scarlett
Web Design & Document Management System Officer
PPU
Education Directorate
Sheffield City Council

julian.scarlett at sheffield.gov.uk

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.