[thelist] VBScript Arrays

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Wed Apr 17 01:46:01 CDT 2002

So, using the FSO, I ripped through a directory of files and created a
two-dimensional array. The first dimension is the filename, and the
second dimensions are attributes of that file. Make sense?  This 2D
array that can get upwards of 1000 entities (each with their own array
of 4 properties).

This is a photo gallery, and obviously for load time and bandwidth
reasons, I can't just write a for/next loop to dump it all onto one
page.

I'm familiar with recordset paging, and I want to do something similar
to that for this photo gallery browser... How do I make this array
persist so I can use it more than once? (short of storing it in a
session variable or something like that)

Can I convert a 2D-array to a recordset then do the recordset paging I'm
familiar with? (adovbs helps!) I've done the opposite with .getRows()
before, but I don't think I can go the other way...

This is what happens when you code at 2am. :-)

-Ken