[thelist] VBScript Arrays

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Apr 17 07:30:00 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Kogler" <ken.kogler at curf.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 2:44 AM
Subject: [thelist] VBScript Arrays

> Can I convert a 2D-array to a recordset then do the recordset paging I'm
> familiar with? (adovbs helps!) I've done the opposite with .getRows()
> before, but I don't think I can go the other way...

Ken,

What attributes are you storing--the same ones as provided by the FSO?  Or,
are you calculating height and width using some sort of utility?  If the
former, you find that *not* creating the embedded array structure may be all
you need to do.  You may still benefit from loading the filenames into a 1D
array, but the other attributes are always available via a short call to the
OS.  The OS should be smart enough to cache this information on subsequent
calls and provide it to you very fast.

If you are figuring out the heights and widths and other attributes based on
a utility, then by all means pursue the solution you are attempting now.  :)

-joshua