[thelist] site check/critique

noah noah at tookish.net
Wed Apr 17 13:17:01 CDT 2002

I'm almost finished rebuilding the first site I ever did (ca. 1997), and I
wonder if I might be able to get some feedback. The new site makes fairly
extensive use of CSS, so I'm particularly interested in display problems,
especially on Mac browsers and IE / Win other than 5.5.

I have decided, at least for the time being, to just hide the CSS from
browsers that can't handle it. I had to abandon the use of @import in the
documents themselves, but <link rel= . . . media="screen" /> seems to be
doing just as good a job of hiding CSS from NN4.77 / Win anyway. If you see
the CSS in a browser that clearly can't handle it, please let me know and
I'll find a way to hide it.

This is the first time I've done a print stylesheet. For the most part, it
looks pretty good, but for some reason every page has huge margins
(regardless of what I set the margins to in the stylesheet). If anyone has
any idea why this might be and how I might fix it, I'd love to hear it.

As much as I've focused on CSS issues, any and all criticism about any
aspect of the site is more than welcome.

The (temporary) url is http://tookish.com/

Thanks,
Noah