[thelist] Most common screen resolution?

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Apr 17 14:19:10 CDT 2002

Aardvark's article is now pushing three years old, but it's still
instructive:

http://www.evolt.org/article/res/22/275/index.html

For myself, I run a two monitor setup that gives me acres of room, but I
still run all my browser windows at about 750 x something longer. I
would be highly unmotivated to adjust my actual screen resolution just
because some web designer thinks I should, although I will occasionally
expand a browser window to display a 1024 pixel wide site, but only with
annoyance. I've never seen a 1024 site that couldn't have been made liquid.

My mother-in-law doesn't know how at any rate. She's running a 17"
monitor at 800x600 and likes it there. I've shown her how to adjust the
font sizes, etc., but she just wants to use the computer, dammit, not
continually adjust settings.

David