[thelist] Image, whitespace, NN4.7

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Thu Apr 18 08:57:01 CDT 2002

Jay Blanchard wrote:

This is now deprecated, but since it is NN4.7 (or is that really the only
browser you're designing for?) you could use hspace and vspace in the image
tag.
**********
Tried that (hspace) but it then adds the value of hspace to the cell padding
and throws the image out of alignment with the margin of the text; not good.
About NN4.7: no, it's not the only browser I'm designing for. It's just my
lowest common denominator for comparison.
**********
Jay Blanchard wrote:
 Better to set up a <div> class for the image(s) and specify margins for
that
Tried that too, no such luck. It renders in IE4 and 5.5 and Opera 5 but not
NN4.7 like every other approach I've tried (haven't tested with NN6 yet). In
NN4.7 the text is flush against the right side of the image. Oh well, it's
just a personal site for the purposes of learning,  nothing commercial, so
maybe I'll do myself a favor and pretend that NN4.7 never existed.
Thanks to Sasha, Daniel, and Jay for the input,
Daniel