[thelist] Re: <hr> and Netscape

Bird bird at koolfish.com
Thu Apr 18 10:20:01 CDT 2002

danbee wrote:

>have you tried putting noshade in the tag?
><hr width="100%" color="#A5B8A9" size="3" noshade>

and then Cristi wrote:

In both Netscape 4.08 and 4.72 the rule appears.
Without noshade the rule is an empty "rectangle", while with noshade the
rule appears filled. However, the color does not exists (it looks like a
sort of gray).

The colour is like a horrid pale grey green colour. In IE it displays
the colour correctly but in my versions of Netscape it displays as a
dark grey green. Is this because it is not a web safe colour? The client
won't let me change it, he's a bloody stockbroker who thinks he's a
designer, he's one of those clients who won't accept any of your
suggestions to improve his awful looking site ;)

Lisa