[thelist] How do you validate an A link with a "target"?

Miriam Frost miriam at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 19 12:09:11 CDT 2002

> you don't want the link to open in a new window because visitors to your
> site don't want that.

This has been discussed here repeatedly lately.
Would someone in the non-new-windows camp please post some user data /
durveys regarding this assertion? I know that a few months ago, Fark.com
surveyed their users, and they overwhelmingly voted FOR new windows on
links. I've been coming their archives for the actual results to no avail,
but I might just contact them and find out.

I think we all need to come back to the Golden Happy Rule #1 of Web Design:
"It depends."  :)

best,
Miriam

--
http://www.dynagirl.com/
Sittin' Pretty in the Glitter Box since 1971!