[thelist] Hiding E-mail Address

Martin Tsachev shaggy at members.evolt.org
Sat Apr 20 07:18:13 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 01:24:00 +0500, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>Hello Experts, A local company sends me e-mails and I cannot find any e-mail
>address in from field, instead, sometimes this field is empty or there are
>some words which cannot act as any e-mail address.
>As a web developer and an "owner" of a personal site, I want to send mails to
>my visitors, who contact me, and I want to hide my address from the recipients
>in the same way as mentioned above.
>How can I do this?
>Thank you, Syed Zeeshan Haider.
>http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/

Hi Sved,
if you're using PHP with the mail function send a From and Return-Path( better
only From since mail clients discard it when displaying the From field) header
with the forth optional parameter I think.

If you don't use PHP check your manual or any documentation you have.

Martin Tsachev
http://members.evolt.org/shaggy/