[thelist] [Slightly OT] Domain name dispute

Michiel Trimpe M.B.Trimpe at student.tue.nl
Sat Apr 20 09:28:01 CDT 2002

Hello everybody,

I registered a domain name for my (small) company a few years ago.
When the time came to renew the domain a wanted to switch registrars.
I let the networksolutions account expire and tried to switch
registrars.

It just so happened to be that NetSol had locked the name however, so
I was unable to switch. I wasn't using it all that much at the time so
I waited a few months before retrying just to find out that it had
been registered by DomainCollection.com (two days before :( ).

My name isn't a registered trademark but is registered locally.
Is there any way I can get it back or am I just SOL?

--
TIA,
 Michiel Trimpe

<tip type="XML" author="Michiel Trimpe">
XML can be a very useful tool for communicating within scripts. It
allows you to call different functions or scripts and let them return
a lot of information which can then easily be processed or passed
through to other scripts or functions if desired.
That way you can create a lot of flexibility within an application.
</tip>