[thelist] Site Check: PAPocketPets.com

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Sun Apr 21 14:03:01 CDT 2002

Ben,

|> 1. Anything look weird?
|No.  But there is something wrong with the rollover script, as another
|poster mentioned.  (I'm using IE5.5, 98SE.)  The ascending line numbers
|suggest that the offending code is in the event handlers themselves.

Yeah, I took out some rollovers due to the load time of the slideshow which was
"important", and I forgot to take out the javascript calling it, that will be
gone once I cleanup the HTML.

|> 2. What's the overall impression?
|Okay.  Be interesting to see what the site is like when it goes live.

Hm, "okay"? :) The site is dealing with exotic pet laws in Pennsylvania, and
urging legislators to both change current laws and make clearer exactly what
animals are legal/illegal in the state. Recently, they've had some mighty awful
things happening over there with some animals being confiscated when the owners
had called the appropriate parties and were told their animals were legal by
those parties before confiscation. The site is being made to raise awareness and
get the state's residents involved in the cause. (Probably more than you wanna
know ;-)

|> 3. How's the download time?
|Reasonable, once you get past that applet.  How much of a wait are you
|looking for (or looking to avoid)?

Well, the slideshow stands no matter what, so if it's reasonable past that, then
I'm happy enough. I just don't want someone to drum their fingers to the point
that it's 'unreasonable'.

Thanks for your comments,
Gina