[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2243 - 45 msgs

Techwatcher techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Tue Apr 23 08:06:00 CDT 2002

Adrian --

If your client is relatively intelligent, download HTML-Kit for his
computer, and install your "template." Template is to include comments
like
  <!-- INSERT YOUR STUFF HERE -->

  <!-- End of YOUR STUFF -->

Set up preferences so that when he clicks "File/Open new document" this
template shows up in his new Editor. Now give him a very quick lesson
on using the included Tags wizard. (Get rid of the stupid default
Toolbar buttons, and reset them as display of Action tabs on the
Toolbar space.)

Play with it long enough to learn how it works, then schedule a lesson
for your client. If he's not incompetent, after one lesson he should be
able to write text (in the Editor); use the Tags Wizard (i.e.,
write "important" and highlight it, then select "strong" from the drop-
down menu); press F8 to display it on whatever browser(s) you have
avaiable; press F9 to have it proofed (with your choice of plugged-in
HTML-Tidy, which you should also install for him); then upload it --
all from the same tool. AND, this tool is free! Available for many
platforms!

Find HTML-Kit by following links based near W3C -- a guy called Dave
wrote it, and he's loaned to them now from his firm. It was taken over
by opensource guys on their own site for further development. I just
found this tool a few days ago, but I love it.

Cheers --
Carol Stein
techwatcher at accesswriters.com