[thelist] website web site & Style Guides

Kevin p+evolt at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Apr 23 17:05:01 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 08:11:19PM -0400, Lee Fleming wrote:
> [...]

Because he's a self title web 'guru' who entirely self promoted with not much
actuall back up.

His failure to understand the web led the company he was CEO of to go
bankrupt.

Is that enough?

> I may not agree with everything Gerry McGovern writes, or his opinions, or
> whatever. Sometimes I think he's just plain wrong, or sometimes I draw
> entirely different conculsions from the same observations.

> Nonetheless,
> there was a definite need of a style guide for the web, oops, I mean Web.
> (Beyond that mess Wired offered a number of years ago. )

I'm not  quesitoning the need for a styleguide, merely gerry's mcgovern's
authority on anything to do with the web.

- Kevin