[thelist] sorting an ASP form dump

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Tue Apr 23 18:10:01 CDT 2002

aardvark,

> so a textarea might have the name
> "1._How_did_you_hear_about_us?", (where the number is section
> it's in -- this form has 6 sections), and the final output in the email

    I'm a fan of flights of fancy, as they often are stepping stones to some
innovative ideas. Just a word of caution on your example name, above,
however; name and id values should not begin with a number:

"ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z]) and may be followed
by any number of letters, digits ([0-9]), hyphens ("-"), underscores ("_"),
colons (":"), and periods (".")." [1]

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#type-cdata

James Aylard