[thelist] To _blank or not to _blank

Chris Price chris.price at stl.org
Wed Apr 24 03:30:01 CDT 2002

Seems to me it comes down to personal preference and to my puny brain it seems logical to have a link to another site open in another window.

What irritates the pants off me is my bank's website.

When I check into personal banking it opens in a pop-up window. WHY????

Then as it goes through the motions I get a message saying 'this page is secure', then another message saying 'this page isn't secure' and finally 'this page is secure'.

On the surface, it looks to me (average punter) that 2 out of 3 is pretty poor security.

Are bank websites generally irritating, frightening, confusing and a PITA.

Heck, why am I ranting on this list, I should be haranguing my bank.
--
Chris