[thelist] selecting tables from two databases

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:42:01 CDT 2002

With a current client, I've run into a bit of a problem in migrating their old, proprietary backoffice system into an integrated web-based system.  In essense, to avoid recoding a whole ton of stuff, it would be advantageous if I could create a method that, whichout too highly taxing the system resources, would allow for a mysql query from two local databases.

Has anyone ever created a system like this, and what syntax needs to be used to minimize usage of system resources?

David
www.confluentforms.com