[thelist] pass by value in JavaScript?

Michiel Trimpe M.B.Trimpe at student.tue.nl
Thu Apr 25 12:42:00 CDT 2002

Hi Matt,

It might feel ugly but it is the best way to go. Most programming
languages offer some sort of copyOf() method but I couldn't find it in
any reference so I don't suppose JS's Option object has one.

If referencing suffices then that would be the best though but I
assume that won't be possible.

GL,
  Michiel Trimpe

<snip>
PM> I'm working on something where I'm trying to copy Options from one Select to
PM> another.
</snip>

<snip>
PM> I can only guess that this is because the objects are being passed by
PM> reference, since the following DOES work, but feels ugly:

PM> form.select1.options[0] = new Option(form.select2.options[0].text,
PM> form.select2.options[0].value);
</snip>