[thelist] DB2/400 returns EBCDIC

Ron_Senykoff at beaerospace.com Ron_Senykoff at beaerospace.com
Thu Apr 25 14:53:01 CDT 2002

I finally got Websphere Application Server to connect to the AS/400 only to
get my results back in EBCDIC!  Uggh.  I know I could implement some code
in the servlets to translate it, but is there a way that I can get it
translated for me first?  I'm using the DB2 client (installed on the
server) to connect directly into the database.  It's JD Edwards and I'm
only reading data to present it to the web.  If I use the JDE ODBC driver
data will come back in english, but isn't ODBC slower?  Especially when I'm
running Websphere and DB2/400...

TIA,
-Ron