[thelist] Not sure why my CSS won't validate

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Thu Apr 25 22:58:01 CDT 2002

No idea why it is choking on the body bg color, but your
site uses valid css (the validator says so).  The bg
color is just a warning.  I get warnings all the time on
my <p> tags because I rely on it being inherited from my
body class, so I don't set it.

I would worry more about errors than just warnings.

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://www.bittersweet2.com

4/25/2002 11:32:24 PM, "Bob Boisvert"
<webdad at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm in the final stages of my web site and I'm starting
to validate
>everything. The HTML validates fine but my CSS is
giving me trouble. I'm not
>getting any errors or warnings but the validation is
telling me:

>"To work as intended, your CSS style sheet needs a
correct document parse
>tree. This means you should use valid HTML."
>

>And I'm not really sure what that means since my HTML
has validated as HTML
>4.01 Transitional.....Any suggestions?
>
>Here's the link
>http://members.evolt.org/webdad/index.html