[thelist] Not sure why my CSS won't validate

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Thu Apr 25 23:11:00 CDT 2002

On 25 Apr 2002 at 23:32, Bob Boisvert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the final stages of my web site and I'm starting to validate
> everything. The HTML validates fine but my CSS is giving me trouble.
> I'm not getting any errors or warnings but the validation is telling

I downloaded your style sheet and noticed there was one class called "b"
with nothing else such as a "." or # . I changed that to say body and the css
validates okay. Couldn't find an id or class named "b" so maybe that was
originally intended as a body?
You have an external style sheet, and also with body styles being on the
page itself. Why not just strip those body attributes out of the html file and
add them to your css file - your css validates that way for me.

HTH!