[thelist] OS X permissions problem

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 27 23:14:01 CDT 2002

If you've done a search for CGI and OSX on google groups, you'll notice that
lots of people have had issues related to this.

Frankly, I hate the way Apple mangled Apache when they made OSXS.  Explain
to me why there are two CGI folders... and possibly even three locations
that you can/are supposed to run CGI's from.

Anyway.

1. It the call properly targeting your CGI file?  Check in the error log to
make sure that it is finding the file properly.
2. Is the CGI given rwx attributes properly?
3. Is the directory that the CGI is in given the proper rwx attributes?

I have a feeling that if you verify these three questions you'll have solved
your problem... I've run into similar with a client of mine that is using
OSXS.

David
www.confluentforms.com