[thelist] Zope

Eöl eol1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 28 15:07:01 CDT 2002

I am migrating (middle of, nearly done) to a zope cmf
system for one of my work projects and have to say I
personally dislike it a lot.  It seems to have a huge
overhead with very little return.  I find myself
regularly taking nearly two to three times as long to
do something in Zope that I can do instead using php
or perl.  Of course it doesn't help that I despise
python as a language :) .  On top of that, I find that
it does not seem to work very intuitively and helpful
online documentation is scarce, I ended up spending a
hundred or so on books just to figure out that basics.

People keep telling me the wonders of zope, but I just
dont' see a use for it.

Eöl