[thelist] DB2/400 returns EBCDIC

Christopher Joseph Christopher at ideadesigners.com
Mon Apr 29 08:21:01 CDT 2002

Unfortunately ODBC is considered very slow from NT to iSeries. I think in
testing we concluded that it was a ratio of 6:1  ODBC to OLEDB. Some
thoughts:

You might consider setting up WAS on the iSeries and passing the request?

You could use native DB2/400 connectivity (I think it is called DB2 Connect)

Sorry I couldn`t be more help.

Chris.

P.S you could try asking
http://www.webspherepro.com/wpforums/Main.cfm?CFApp=72