[thelist] [ASP] slow server. What possible causes?

Karen J. Bowen karen at miinx.com.au
Tue Apr 30 03:02:01 CDT 2002

Daniel J. Cody wrote:
> I'm no ASP expert, but have you checked out the articles on the
> evolt.org website about this issue?
> http://evolt.org/search/index.html?keywords=asp+performance&option=all&tid=0&maxrows=10&status=1

Great links, thanks Dan.  In Martin's article "ASP Performance tips" he
says:  "Avoid using Server.CreateObject. Use <OBJECT> tags instead."

I've never done this & don't know how.  Could someone give an example?

Also, Nicole - you're probably doing this already, but just in case:
make sure you're closing & dereferencing *all* objects you open, not
just Recordsets.  hth!

Thanks,
Miinx Design & Development
e :: karen at miinx.com.au