[thelist] Deep Links

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed May 1 18:48:01 CDT 2002

I must be missing something... if the _The Dallas Morning News_ does not
want links from the BarkingDogs.org site, why don't they do an
HTTP_REFERRER check to redirect visitors to the main page? Am I not seeing
an easy way to bypass this?

tx,
jd

PS: I get the sense that the lawyers are talking about "deep links" that
they read about, and that the newspaper's core concern may actually be
about a particular site parasitizing their site.

PPS: When I check the BarkingDogs.org site this afternoon, the articles in
question that day do present the stories from _The Dallas Morning News_ in
all their ad-ridden glory, including a nice big popup window offering a 70%
savings on life insurance. Maybe they changed it, dunno.