[thelist] PHP & CSS (Two Part Question)

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu May 2 06:20:00 CDT 2002

Burhan Khalid said:
>> >  Don't know why, but this css only seems to work in Moz RC1 :
>> >
>> >   #boxcredits a[href="http://www.somedomain.com"]
>> >       { border : 0px; background:#fff; }
>>
>>why? because other browsers haven't caught up to that level of css yet
>>(css3, i think)
>
> whoa -- I didn't know that.

CSS2 actually, but the net effect is the same. Not implemented in IE.

> I've got that, but it doesn't seem to work. Also, this CSS :
> #entry h2 > a:visited { border:0; font:10px verdana; }
> doesn't display as intended on IE6.0

IE doesn't understand >. Just leave the > out unless there's soem reason you
have to have it. If there is you'll need another way around. Fornowe with
the links, the only way to make external ones different reliably is to use a
class. Of course, one wonders ghow important it is. Does it really matter
too  much if some of your audience see alllinks in one style? you could
consider the different style a bonus for those with browsers that support it.

>  // for each navigation element
>   while(list($value,$key) = each($navigation));
>    {

This is php 3. If you have php 4I would recommend using the much much much
easier to understand (and maybe faster?) foreach.
http://php.net/foreach/

HTH

Lach