[thelist] bandwidth help

Andrew Maynes andrew at uk-webdeveloper.co.uk
Thu May 2 08:47:01 CDT 2002

cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Ben Phillips
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 02:40
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: RE: [thelist] bandwidth help

> how can I prevent this?  someone posted this on a forum I manage....

delete his post. post yourself as forum manager that while downloading
the entire database would certainly be a nifty thing for them to do, it
certainly doesn't help the forum. explain that the bandwidth costs money
and that downloading the database would take up a lot of bandwidth, and
would obviously cost a lot of money. explain that if anybody does this
then they will be banned from the forum (if it isn't anonymous that is).

explain that they can use the search facility on the forum all they
like, but they can't abuse it.

benji
inchima.com

---