[thelist] How much for something like this?

Casey Crookston casey.crookston at imibevcore.com
Thu May 2 09:00:01 CDT 2002

>> *** Charge what the customer will pay *** <<

>I'd disagree strongly with that, you should charge someone what the job
is worth, not what they'll pay. (only perhaps ina  charity situation
you'd lower the price) When you walk into a shop to buy something, they
don't hike up the price if someone with nice suit comes in.<

B2B vs B2C.  Apples and Oranges.

If I were to build the exact same web site twice, once for a multi
million dollar corp and one for a mom-n-pop shop, you better believe I'm
charging more for the former.  I'd be silly not to.

But the thing is, that would never happen, as the big corp will demand
more bells and whistles.  So, I charge more for my time.  I don't think
it's dishonest.  It's business.   But then, is that big company agrees
to spend lots of money on me, I adjust my rates back down.

Every B2B business in the world will alter their rates based on a
customers ability to pay and on the amount of business.  In B2B prices
are fluid and change from customer to customer.

Retail is B2C, and can't be compared.

Casey