[thelist] Re: [OT] Windows 98 File Problem

Mike UXLTHCGOQJBK at spammotel.com
Thu May 2 19:56:00 CDT 2002

Try these tricks, if the first one does not work, then try #2 and if
that does not work, try #3:

1. Drag the files to delete to your Recycle Bin

2. Create a new folder off the root and put the files to delete into the
new folder.
(If they won't move without giving an error message, then move all files
to save to the new folder.) Now drag the whole folder with the files you
want to get rid of to the Recycle Bin.

3. If #2 does not work then restart the computer in MSDOS mode (Command
prompt mode). Type the following commands:
CD \
deltree [folder name] where "folder name" is the name of the folder with
the files you want to delete. Do not type the "[ ]" brackets.
If the folder's name is longer than 8 characters then use the name
inside of double quote marks.

If the folder is inside of other folders, go to the folder just before
the one you want to delete and then type the "deltree" command. Use "CD
[next folder]" to go to the next folder excluding the square brackets.