[thelist] FP2000 won't ask for authentication when editing web

Minh Lee Goon v7ac at sdsumus.sdstate.edu
Fri May 3 10:06:01 CDT 2002

After a lot of delays, we're finally on the road to supporting FrontPage
2002 Server Extensions on our web servers. In our testing, though, I've
found that some instances of FrontPage will not ask for a username and
password when editing the web, either from MSIE or from FrontPage
itself.

I remember in those instances that I was asked to authenticate the first
few times, then it quit asking. Opening the web from FrontPage generates
an error that the web is on a protected volume, or something like that.

Please help.

Minh Lee Goon