[thelist] Secure Site Expiration

Pete Freitag pf at cfdev.com
Sun May 5 17:55:00 CDT 2002

It's still a secure transaction, it's all still encrypted if even if the
certificate is expired.  What is the expiration date there for besides
making the cert signers more money?  I suppose it lessens the problems if
your private key gets stolen since it will expire, but it doesn't add any
security.

Pete Freitag (pfreitag at cfdev.com)
CTO, CFDEV.COM
ColdFusion Developer Resources